The Library Tech Commons is ready to start checking out books! While the space itself is not open, our collection is available, we will be taking orders for books.
How to borrow books
1. Log into the catalog using your son’s credentials. (Please don’t use parent library accounts as it will make delivery more complicated.) The catalog is in the top right hand corner of ascommons.org
Your son’s username is your son's first initial, last name and the last two digits of his graduation year. For example: skresberg20
Graduation years are as follows, K – 30, 1 – 29, 2 – 28, 3 – 27, 4 - 26, 5 - 25, 6 - 24, 7 - 23, 8 - 22
The password is ‘books’
2.Find the book(s) that you want and click on the HOLD button.
How to retrieve books
- Books will be delivered to boys who are in pods at 78th Street.
- Books for our other boys will be delivered to the reception. We will send a message to your son’s Canvas account that books are ready if he is not at 78th St.
A few things to know
- We take safety seriously. All returned books are aired out for at least 72 hours before being returned to shelves. Requested books are handled wearing gloves and wrapped in Saran Wrap.
- Not all the books that were checked out in March have been returned yet so you may find that we don’t have some of the books you want; being flexible is key!
- Wait times will be longer for popular books since some borrowers will not be coming to school regularly and we have to quarantine the books.
Any questions about library books, library accounts, or anything else to do with the library should be sent via this Google form